The Level 3 - Advanced Coach course gives candidates the skills and knowledge required to pursue a career as a coach for advanced tennis players such as competitive juniors and adults at regional and national levels.
This course is best suited for people wishing to further develop their skills in conducting and delivering personalised and group training programs. Participants will learn how to cultivate and correct the technical and tactical aspects of advanced players, with an emphasis on sports psychology, strength and conditioning training, and the use of technology to analyse performance.
Those with this qualification would also be responsible for the needs of the athlete in relation to other personnel such as fitness trainers and nutritionists, and for the undertaking of broader business functions including long and short term planning.
- BSBRSK401A - Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBWOR404B - Develop work priorities
- SISSSCO303 - Plan and deliver coaching programs
- SISSSCO304 - Customise coaching for athletes with specific needs
- SISSSCO306 - Provide drugs in sport information
- SISSSCO307 - Provide nutrition information to athletes
- SISSSCO308 - Support athletes to adopt principles of sport psychology
- SISSSCO409 - Work collaboratively with support personnel
- SISXCCS402A - Coordinate client service activities
- SISXCCS404A - Address client needs
- SISXIND405A - Conduct projects
- SISXIND408 - Select and use technology for sport, fitness and recreation
- SISXIND410 - Coordinate sport, fitness or recreation work teams or groups
- SISXWHS402 - Implement and monitor work health and safety policies
- SITXCOM401 - Manage conflict
- SISSTNS205 - Interpret and apply the rules and regulations of tennis
- SISSTNS307 - Coach red stage tennis players
- SISSTNS308 - Coach orange stage tennis players
- SISSTNS309 - Coach green stage tennis players
- SISSTNS410 - Coach stroke production for intermediate tennis players
- SISSTNS411 - Coach tactics for intermediate tennis players
- SISSSCO410 - Implement a talent identification program
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
For candidates to successfully gain this qualification they will be required to complete the following assessments.
- Private lesson demonstration.
- Group lesson demonstration.
- Technical assessment.
- Written theory assessment.
Candidates must have completed the Level 2 Course (or equivalent) and have had previous experience coaching junior and adult players.
- No previous playing experience required.
- Candidates must be 16 years and over.
- Full Time (46 Weeks)
- Short Course (12 Days)
To find out more about these study options click here.
Located in Broadbeach on the Gold Coast of Australia. Ace Tennis operates out of the Gold Coast Police Citizens Youth Club. PCYC is a multi-sport training centre aimed at promoting a fun and safe environment for people of all ages, levels and backgrounds to enjoy a variety different of sports and recreational activities at an affordable price.
Our full time courses take on enrolments through-out the year. Please make an enquiry for our short and blended/online study options.