The Level 2 - Intermediate Coach course provides candidates with the skills required to promote tennis at a grass roots level using mini tennis programs to beginner and intermediate players, as well as coach players up to regional junior level competition.
This course is best suited for people who would like to learn how to plan and conduct individualised and team based training programs for junior tennis players, with an emphasis on coaching methods, tennis technique, tennis tactics and the legal and ethical responsibilities of a coach.
Those with this qualification would also supervise practice sessions and provide in competition assistance to players.
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
- SISSSCO101 – Develop and update knowledge of coaching practices
- SISSSCO202 – Coach beginner or novice participants to develop fundamental motor skills
- SISSSCO303 – Plan and deliver coaching programs
- SISSSCO304 – Customise coaching for athletes with specific needs
- SISSSDE201 – Communicate effectively with others in a sport environment
- SISXFAC207 – Maintain sport, fitness and recreation equipment for activities
- SISXRSK301A – Undertake risk analysis of activities
- SITXCOM401 – Manage conflict
- SISSTNS205 - Interpret and apply the rules and regulations of tennis
- SISSTNS307 - Coach red stage tennis players
- SISSTNS308 - Coach orange stage tennis players
- SISSTNS309 - Coach green stage tennis players
- SISXCAI303A - Plan and conduct sport and recreation sessions
- SISXCAI304A - Plan and conduct sport and recreation programs
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
For candidates to successfully gain this qualification they will be required to complete the following assessments.
- Private lesson demonstration.
- Group lesson demonstration.
- Written theory assessment.
- No previous playing experience required.
- Candidates must be 16 years and over.
- Full Time (46 Weeks)
- Short Course (9 Days)
To find out more about these study options click here.
Located in Broadbeach on the Gold Coast of Australia. Ace Tennis operates out of the Gold Coast Police Citizens Youth Club. PCYC is a multi-sport training centre aimed at promoting a fun and safe environment for people of all ages, levels and backgrounds to enjoy a variety different of sports and recreational activities at an affordable price.
Our full time courses take on enrolments through-out the year. Please make an enquiry for our short and blended/online study options.