The Level 1 - Beginner Coach course provides candidates with the skills and knowledge required to deliver a supervised tennis session for starter players, with a focus on the use of slower balls and smaller courts. Participants will also learn the basics of scoring and simple competition formats.
This course is best suited for anyone wishing to get involved in coaching tennis, or assisting in tennis coaching under the supervision of a qualified coach in places such as schools or sports clubs.
- BSBWOR202A - Organise and complete daily work activities
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- SISSSCO101- Develop and update knowledge of coaching practices
- SISSSDE201 - Communicate effectively with others in a sport environment
- SISXCAI102A - Assist in preparing and conducting sport and recreation sessions
- SISXIND211 - Develop and update sport, fitness and recreation industry knowledge
- SISXWHS101 - Follow work health and safety policies
- SISSSCO202 - Coach beginner or novice participants to develop fundamental motor skills
- SISSTNS204 - Conduct red stage tennis activities
- SISXCAI101A - Provide equipment for activities
- SISSTNS205 - Interpret And Apply The Rules And Regulations Of Tennis
- SISSSOF202 - Officiate games or competitions
- SISSTNS206 - Develop And Update Knowledge Of Tennis Development Programs
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
For candidates to successfully gain this qualification they will be required to complete the following assessments.
- Group lesson demonstrations.
- Written assignments
- No previous playing experience required.
- Candidates must be 16 years and over.
- Full Time (46 Weeks)
- Short Course (4 Days)
To find out more about these study options click here.
Located in Broadbeach on the Gold Coast of Australia. Ace Tennis operates out of the Gold Coast Police Citizens Youth Club. PCYC is a multi-sport training centre aimed at promoting a fun and safe environment for people of all ages, levels and backgrounds to enjoy a variety different of sports and recreational activities at an affordable price.
Our full time courses take on enrolments through-out the year. Please make an enquiry for our short and blended/online study options.